CHECKISSUING 1099, 1098, AND 1096 TAX FORM PROCESSING SERVICES
Get Secure and Efficient 1099 Delivery Service as Low as $.75 per Form
Checkissuing has the capability to create and send your 1099’s and other Tax Forms on behalf of your business. We make it as simple as possible for you, every step of the way!
Checkissuing offers all-inclusive 1099 print, mail and e-file services for businesses who have hired the services of self employed independent contractors, have paid them $600 and above and therefore have to report the income to IRS by filing form 1099 MISC.
Top 5 Reasons to Outsource your 1099, 1098, and 1096 Reporting to Checkissuing
- EXPERTISE – Checkissuing has seasoned tax professionals assisting with the forms and providing counsel for complex issues, such as reporting equity payments in conjunction with a divorce, to meet 1099, 1098, and 1096 reporting requirements.
- TIME AND COST SAVINGS – During one of the busiest times of the year for accounting professionals, Checkissuing relieves the burden of your Tax Form reporting requirements of mailing and filing these forms at a competitive price, saving companies valuable resources. Allow Checkissuing to expertly handle your 1099, 1098, and 1096 reporting requirements.
- ELECTRONIC FILINGS – For 1099-MISC tax forms, the IRS changed the filing deadline to January 31st as of the 2016 tax year. It makes sense – now more than ever – to outsource this service to a professional organization like Checkissuing that handles the electronic filing with the IRS using robust technology and dedicated, knowledgeable professionals to fulfill the 1099 filing requirements.
- CORRECTIONS PORTAL LINKED TO IRS – With the accelerated filing deadline for 1099-MISC tax forms, companies are faced with making corrections AFTER the filings have been completed with the IRS. Checkissuing’s corrections portal allows for changes to be made and new forms to be added easily via an online portal. All corrections are tagged, tracked for auditing purposes and automatically re-filed with the IRS for efficiency and peace of mind.
The Checkissuing Tax Form Submission Process
We are here to help you streamline the 1099, 1098 and 1096 reporting process and give you back valuable time. All you have to do is:
- Log into our secure portal
- Conveniently Upload your CSV file
- Checkissuing will create forms and provide proofs for client review and approval
Once approved, Checkissuing will print forms, stuff envelopes, perform quality control review, secure envelopes stamped with “Important Tax Information Inside”, mail forms to recipients, as well as electronically transmit the data to the IRS, ensuring complete
compliance with all regulations.
Benefits of using the Checkissuing Tax Form Reporting System
- QUICK & EASY SETUP – Our easy-to-use interface will have you filing your tax forms in just minutes so you can spend time on what matters most to you.
- FULL-SERVICE FILING – We take care of all of the steps of the process, from helping you import information in, through all of the steps in the filing process, to all of the acceptance confirmations.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART SECURITY – Your business is in good hands. Checkissuing is committed to secure and accurate e-filing.
- PRICING – Our rates for our high-quality services are among the lowest in the industry and we price-match our competitors for similar services. Pricing for 1099 service starts at $.95 per form sent.
Our 1099 outsourcing services adhere to the latest IRS and state government filing regulations covering all types of tax forms (see below). We are registered with the IRS FIRE (Filing Information Returns Electronically) program. We feature a leading edge, Web-based system designed to ease the administrative burden of managing all types of 1099’s.
Unlike other 1099 processing services, with Checkissuing there is no software to purchase, install and learn. We handle everything from data conversion to printing, mailing, e-filing and we guarantee that every deadline is met. Our complete 1099 service also features very competitive pricing for companies that are looking to outsource this often time-consuming and complicated process. You stay compliant, reduce administrative costs and know that the job will get done right. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your tax form processing needs.
Some of the most common forms we work with are:
Form 1099-MISC is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports compensation paid during the year to an individual who is not an employee. When a business uses a contractor, consultant, free-lancer, etc., it is required to file a 1099-MISC if the total amount of compensation paid to that individual that year is more than $600.
Form 1099-DIV is an U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report Dividends and Distributions paid to a person:
- To whom you have paid dividends (including capital gain dividends) and other distributions on stock of $10 or more,
- For whom you have withheld and paid any foreign tax on dividends and other distributions on stock,
- For whom you have withheld any federal income tax on dividends under the backup withholding rules, or
- To whom you have paid $600 or more as part of liquidation.
Form 1099-INT is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports interest paid during the year to an individual whom you have paid $600 in interest. Form 1099-INT also is used to report specified private activity bond interest and federal income tax withheld (backup withholding), if applicable.
1099-B – Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
Form 1099-B is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions for each person for whom the broker has sold stocks, bonds, commodities, regulated futures contracts, foreign currency contracts, forward contracts, debt instruments, etc.
1099-C – Cancellation of Debt
Form 1099-C is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is needs to be filed for each debtor for whom a debt owed is $600 or more if the debtor is an individual, corporation, partnership, trust, estate, association, or company. Form 1099-C must be filed regardless of whether the debtor is required to report the debt as income.
1099-R – Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
Form 1099-R is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc., for each person to whom you have made a designated distribution or are treated as having made a distribution of $10 or more from profit-sharing or retirement plans, any individual retirement arrangements (IRAs), annuities, pensions, insurance contracts, survivor income benefit plans, permanent and total disability payments under life insurance contracts, charitable gift annuities, etc.
1099-S – Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions
Form 1099-S is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports sale or exchange transaction for money, indebtedness, property, or services of any present or future ownership interest in any improved or unimproved land, permanent structures, residential, commercial, industrial building, stock in a cooperative housing corporation or non-contingent interest in standing timber.
1098 – Mortgage Interest Statement
Form 1098 is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report mortgage interest of $600 or more received during the year in the course of trade or business from an individual, including a sole proprietor. The $600 threshold applies separately to each mortgage.
1098-T – Tuition Statement
Form 1098-T is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used for each student enrolled and for whom a reportable transaction is made. Insurers must file Form 1098-T for each individual to whom reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses is made.
1098-MA – Mortgage Assistance Payments
Form 1098-MA is used to provide information to the IRS and to homeowners regarding mortgage payments made by the homeowners and mortgage assistance payments made with funds allocated from the Housing Finance Agency Innovation Fund for the Hardest Hit Housing Markets (HFA Hardest Hit Fund) or the Emergency Homeowners’ Loan Program.
W-2 – Wage and Tax Statement
Form W-2 is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used for each employee you have paid remuneration, including noncash payments of $600 or more for the year (all amounts if any income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld) for services performed.
In addition to the above commonly-used forms we support, our proprietary system and staff is able to create custom templates for less commonly-used and forms not frequently supported by other tax form servicing providers.