CHECKISSUING 1099 PROCESSING AND FILING SERVICES
Get Secure and Efficient 1099 Delivery Service at $1.10 a Form!
Checkissuing has the capability to create and send your 1099 forms, along with 1098 forms, and form 1096, on behalf of your business. Compared to other 1099 service providers, we have spent years refining the process to make it as simple as possible for you, every step of the way!
Checkissuing offers all-inclusive 1099 form print, mail, and e-file services for businesses that have hired the services of self-employed independent contractors, have paid them $600 and above, and therefore have to report the income to IRS by filing form 1099 NEC, MISC, or INT. We offer TIN Matching services as well, which very few 1099 service providers offer.
TOP 5 REASONS TO OUTSOURCE YOUR 1099 PROCESSING AND FILING TO CHECKISSUING
- EXPERTISE – Checkissuing has seasoned tax professionals assisting with the forms and providing counsel for complex issues, such as reporting equity payments in conjunction with a divorce, to meet 1099 filing requirements.
- TIME AND COST SAVINGS – During one of the busiest times of the year for accounting professionals, Checkissuing relieves the burden of your 1099 filing requirements of mailing and filing these forms at a competitive price, saving companies valuable resources. Allow Checkissuing to expertly handle your 1099 form outsourcing.
- ELECTRONIC FILINGS – For 1099-MISC tax forms, the IRS changed the filing deadline to January 31st as of the 2016 tax year. It makes sense – now more than ever – to outsource this service to a professional organization like Checkissuing that handles the electronic filing with the IRS using robust technology and dedicated, knowledgeable professionals to fulfill the 1099 filing requirements. TIN matching services are available to help ensure accuracy, and we are one of the few 1099 service providers to provide this service.
- CORRECTIONS PORTAL LINKED TO IRS – With the accelerated filing deadline for 1099-NEC tax forms, companies are faced with making corrections AFTER the filings have been completed with the IRS. Checkissuing’s corrections portal allows for changes to be made and new forms to be added easily via an online portal. All 1099, 1098, and form 1096 corrections are tagged, tracked for auditing purposes, and automatically re-filed with the IRS for efficiency and peace of mind. Only a handful of 1099 service providers can offer an efficient way to process 1099 corrections.
THE CHECKISSUING 1099 FILING SERVICES PROCESS
We are here to help you streamline the 1099 filing process and give you back valuable time. All you have to do is:
- Log into our secure portal
- Conveniently Upload your CSV file
- Checkissuing will create forms and provide proofs for client review and approval
Once approved, Checkissuing will print the 1099 forms, stuff envelopes, perform quality control review, secure envelopes stamped with “Important Tax Information Inside”, mail forms to recipients, as well as electronically transmit the 1099 data to the IRS, ensuring complete compliance with all regulations.
With us, tax form processing is straightforward and fuss-free.
BENEFITS OF USING THE CHECKISSUING 1099 OUTSOURCING SERVICES AND TAX FORM PROCESSING
- QUICK & EASY SETUP – Our easy-to-use interface will have you filing your 1099 forms in just minutes so you can spend time on what matters most to you.
- FULL-SERVICE FILING – We take care of all of the steps of the process, from helping you import information, through all of the steps in the filing process, to all of the acceptance confirmations. If you need your TIN’s verified, are one of the few 1099 service providers that can do that.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART SECURITY – Your business is in good hands. Checkissuing is committed to secure and accurate 1099 e-filing services.
- PRICING – Our rates for our high-quality 1099 processing services are among the lowest in the industry and we price-match our competitors for similar services. Pricing for the 1099, form 1098, and form 1096 services start at $1.10 per form sent.
Our 1099 outsourcing services adhere to the latest IRS and state government filing regulations covering all types of tax forms (see below). We are registered with the IRS FIRE (Filing Information Returns Electronically) program. We feature a leading-edge, web-based system designed to ease the administrative burden of managing all types of 1099’s.
SOME OF THE MOST COMMON FORMS WE WORK WITH DURING TAX FORM PROCESSING:
Beginning with the tax year 2020, employers must use Form 1099-NEC to report nonemployee compensation. Common examples of nonemployee compensation include payments to independent contractors, fees paid for professional services such as of attorneys and accountants, and commissions paid to nonemployee salespersons that are subject to repayment but not repaid during the calendar year. With 1099 outsourcing services experience, this is the most common form filed.
Form 1099-MISC is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports compensation paid during the year to an individual who is not an employee. When a business uses a contractor, consultant, free-lancer, etc., it is required to file a 1099-MISC if the total amount of compensation paid to that individual that year is more than $600. As a 1099 processing services provider, in our experience, this is the second most common 1099 form filed.
Form 1099-DIV is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report Dividends and Distributions paid to a person:
- To whom you have paid dividends (including capital gain dividends) and other distributions on the stock of $10 or more,
- For whom you have withheld and paid any foreign tax on dividends and other distributions on stock,
- For whom you have withheld any federal income tax on dividends under the backup withholding rules, or
- To whom you have paid $600 or more as part of liquidation.
Form 1099-INT is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports interest paid during the year to an individual whom you have paid $600 in interest. Form 1099-INT also is used to report specified private activity bond interest and federal income tax withheld (backup withholding), if applicable. With our experience in 1099 filing services, this is the third most common type of form.
1099-B – Proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
Form 1099-B is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report proceeds From Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions for each person for whom the broker has sold stocks, bonds, commodities, regulated futures contracts, foreign currency contracts, forward contracts, debt instruments, etc. As a 1099 service provider, this is one of the less common forms processed.
1099-C – Cancellation of Debt
Form 1099-C is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is needed to be filed for each debtor for whom a debt owed is $600 or more if the debtor is an individual, corporation, partnership, trust, estate, association, or company. Form 1099-C must be filed regardless of whether the debtor is required to report the debt as income. With our 1099 form processing experience, this is not a common form to file.
1099-R – Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
Form 1099-R is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc., for each person to whom you have made a designated distribution or are treated as having made a distribution of $10 or more from profit-sharing or retirement plans, any individual retirement arrangements (IRAs), annuities, pensions, insurance contracts, survivor income benefit plans, permanent and total disability payments under life insurance contracts, charitable gift annuities, etc. With our 1099 filing services experience, this is one of the less common forms filed.
1099-S – Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions
Form 1099-S is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that reports sale or exchange transaction for money, indebtedness, property, or services of any present or future ownership interest in any improved or unimproved land, permanent structures, residential, commercial, industrial building, stock in a cooperative housing corporation or non-contingent interest in standing timber. With our 1099 form processing experience, this is not a common form to file. With our 1099 filing services experience, this form is not commonly filed.
1098 Form – Mortgage Interest Statement
The 1098 form is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used to report mortgage interest of $600 or more received during the year in the course of trade or business from an individual, including a sole proprietor. The $600 threshold applies separately to each mortgage. With our 1099 services experience, the 1098 form is one of the more common forms filed.
1098-T – Tuition Statement
Form 1098-T is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used for each student enrolled and for whom a reportable transaction is made. Insurers must file Form 1098-T for each individual to whom reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses is made. With experience as a 1099 service provider, this is not a very common form filed.
1098-MA – Mortgage Assistance Payments
Form 1098-MA is used to provide information to the IRS and to homeowners regarding mortgage payments made by the homeowners and mortgage assistance payments made with funds allocated from the Housing Finance Agency Innovation Fund for the Hardest Hit Housing Markets (HFA Hardest Hit Fund) or the Emergency Homeowners’ Loan Program. With our 1099 filing services experience, this is not a very common form filed.
W-2 – Wage and Tax Statement
Form W-2 is a U.S. Internal Revenue (IRS) form that is used for each employee you have paid remuneration, including noncash payments of $600 or more for the year (all amounts if any income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld) for services performed.
In addition to the above commonly-used forms we support, our proprietary system and staff are able to create custom templates for less commonly used forms not frequently supported by other tax form processing service providers.
Unlike other 1099 processing service providers, with Checkissuing there is no software to purchase, install and learn. We handle everything from data conversion to printing, mailing, e-filing and we guarantee that every deadline is met. Our complete 1099 service also features very competitive pricing for companies that are looking to outsource this often time-consuming and complicated process. You stay compliant, reduce administrative costs, and know that the job will get done right. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your tax form processing needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the tax forms?
Tax forms are the official government documents required to be submitted to the IRS by businesses and consumers.
What are the different types of tax forms?
Some of the common types of tax forms used by businesses are W2, 1099, 1096 forms submitted for employee or contractor wages.
Who should get a 1099?
Contractors who make over $600 a year are legally required to get a 1099 form submitted to them postmarked by January 31 of the tax year.
Who should get a 1098?
Form 1098 is used by lenders to report when a homeowner’s mortgage interest paid is $600 or more for the year.
Who should get a 1096?
Form 1096, the “Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns” is a tax form used to summarize information returns being sent to the IRS.
When do tax forms need to be submitted?
Tax forms such as W2 , 1099, 1096 and similar forms need to be submitted by January 31 of the tax year.
When is the deadline to submit tax forms?
The deadline to submit tax forms such as W2 , 1099, 1096, is delivered or postmarked by January 31 of the tax year.
CONTACT US TODAY
Contact us today to get a demo and find out how we can help with your printing and mailing needs!